24 Mayıs 2014 Cumartesi

Back home early...

I woke up to a beautiful day, but sure we can never know what the new day holds and today it was not good. After breakfast and a morning walk with our team we came back home to get dressed for our little tour around the city. We sat for a while to have some coffee and as we chatted we started to sway and swing on the couch. The ground was shaking to one side to the other and we realized it was an earthquake. It lasted around a minute till the first shock had passed and then we could get up and leave the house and went down the stairs to reach the garden. Having the memories of August 1999 earthquake in Turkey we were really terrified so as all the residents of the blocks. Everyone was in panic and worry as we reached te cafe and started to watch the news. WE learned the epicenter was in Aegean Sea; like 150 - 200 kilometres far from where we were. It's really good that it was under the sea, because otherwise it would destroy many buildings and there would be thousands of casualties. Thank God there isn't any damage. We spent a few hours down in the garden and then went back home, but deep inside my cousin and I felt to be out and I was thinking I woulnd't sleep there. Both of us were effected bad so I thought we'd return home with the first bus, she understood and didn't insist for us to stay some more as we planned. Reached home after 5 hour's trip and I still feel bad so I'll just turn the lappy off just after this post. I'll share a crochet shawl today. I've crocheted it in black wool with a chic pattern and in rectangle shape. I hope you all will like it...

1 yorum:

Please show respect to others on your comments..