22 Mayıs 2014 Perşembe

Handknit tank top...

It was an awesome day out with my cousin and mom. We went to the old part of İstanbul where there are buildings and relics from Byzantium and Ottoman empires. We went to Süleymaniye Mosque which was ordered to be built to Sinan (very famous architect of Ottoman Empire) by Süleyman the Magnificent. The famous covered bazaar is also nearby so we went in and walked and looked at the showcases of the shops. Anyone who had ever visited İstanbul would remember the old bazaar, because every tour operator puts it to his route on the sight seeing tours. I sure will share some photos when I go back home and you all will see how amazing historical buildings would be if you protect them from the effects of time. I have to admit we should have done better on this, but I'm sure we'll learn to save world's cultural heritage :) We're still lucky to have the chance to see them in a region that has been hit by earthquakes many times in the past. On our little trip to history :) I've also tried to find a shop selling the yarn I'll need to knit my latest custom order, but there were no stores around selling yarn or wool, because they were selling souvenir for tourists, carpets and jewelry (actually it's hard to gather the rent if you don't sell things expensive enough :)). Tomorrow I'll buy it from a mall close to my cousin's house and start to knit the tank top for my lovely customer from Italy. It's a tank top I've knitted of cotton yarn in creme color which I thought would be a great outfit for Spring and was really happy to see somebody sharing my feelings and want to have it. I hope you all will like it...

1 yorum:

Please show respect to others on your comments..