6 Temmuz 2014 Pazar

So delicious...

It's been another quiet weekend day, because the weather is so hot outside to take a long walk, especially while fasting. Sure the needs of the house never ends and I still had to go out for some shopping to the mall just beside my house, but most of the day I was at home. Fasting starts around 3:30 am. so on weekends I prefer not to sleep before it and wake up later than usual. It was nearly noon when I woke up and after the morning routine I've took a few photos of the sofa set in my salon. They are hand carved and too big and as one gets older it gets really hard to clean them so I want to sell them before I get old if I can. They are unique pieces so one can't give them away so I'll try my luck on web which will also give me more experience on making business online besides running a little shop handmade. Suddenly I've realized I wanted 'dolma' and asked mom if she could do some, sure didn't refuse so I want to write some about it and give the receipt for the ones who might be interested. Dolma is a stuffed vegetable dish common around this region of the world; Turkey, Caucasus, Russia and most of the Middle East. The vegetables commonly used are pepper, eggplant and tomato. There are ones made of vine and cabbage leaves wrapped around a filling called 'sarma' and 'yaprak dolması' that are the most delicious ones for me and the receipt will be for the one that are made with vine leaves. INGREDIENTS: 1/2 kg. vine leaves, 5 big onions, 1/2 cup of olive oil, 2 glass of rice, 1 spoonful mint, 4 spoonful currant, 4 spponful pinon, 1 spoonful sugar, 2 teaspoon salt, 2 mature tomatoes... First of all you'll chop the onions and grate the tomatos. Take the chopped onion to a saucepan and parboil it with olive oil for 10 minutes. Then start to add all the other ingredients one by one and parboil them all for an extra 5 minutes. Add a glass of water and let it boil till rice swells and no water left in the saucepan. Take the filling off the stove and let it chill for 2 hours so it will not burn your hands as you wrap it with the vine leaves. Take one leave, place a spoonful of filling, fold the both sides and than wrap it like a cigar. After all the leaves are filled, place them in a pan that's not deep, pour a spoonful olive oil over them, add 1,5 glass of water and cook them for 15 minutes. Your 'sarma' is ready when it's chilled. Take them on an oval plate, put slim slices of lemon on them and they're ready to be served. I hope you all will like it...

2 yorum:

  1. These look delicious! They remind me of stuffed grape leaves that are served here in Middle Eastern restaurants.

    YanıtlaSil
    Yanıtlar
    1. I'm sure the restaurants make it delicious also, but still nothing beats the one you make with your own hands... :) If you have the chance someday, better try it :)

      Sil

Please show respect to others on your comments..