12 Mart 2014 Çarşamba

Even the skies cry...

If you are reading or watching the news about Turkey lately, I'm sure you are aware of all the nonsense that our politicians do lately that end with innocent children die in streets in the protests. I guess the rain for days were the teardrops from heavens for our loss. I hope all these to end soon, not only in my country, but also everywhere in our world. I guess peace, tolerance and understanding is what we need to solve all our problems. I've mentioned the word 'understanding' deliberately, because not only bad things happen in this country which is actually the melting pot of different cultures and ideas for thousands of years in the history. I beleive if we just listen eachother carefully and talk without trying to insult the other we always will come to a conclusion. This is what has happened to me lately. If you have read previous posts, I guess you can remember me knitting a baby bodysuit as a custom order (https://www.etsy.com/listing/181125694/handknit-bodysuit-in-turquoise-100?ref=shop_home_active_9). My customer has chosen the color turquoise so I've searched the net for the color palettes of the biggest wool manufacturers of my country. After we agreed on the color by messages, I went to a dealer of the firm; Kartopu (one of the biggest yarn factories of Turkey) and asked for the 100 % merino wool of the color and they said they didn't know that the factory produced that color. I came back home, turned the lap top on and ordered the amount I need online direct from the factory. It was so prompt delivery that I got my wool and started to knit the bodysuit. There were thorns in the flocks that I saw as I knitted the bodysuit and decided to contact the firm for this issue after completing the order and dispatch it. I've contacted them by mail and just the next day they've contacted me by phone; told me they were really sorry, explained why such an issue occured and asked me how they can compensate this. I said it wasn't my reason to contact, but just to let them know so we ended our conversation. The day after the doorbell rang, I opened the door and there was a pack delivered from the firm with new flocks of wool I've purchased and a shawl as a gift. I've thanked them with another mail and thought I should write here also. You will see the photo of all below. Today I'll also share a jersey; jumper for women with unique collar and handknitted belt that I've knitted in black and used another type of silvery black yarn to for sparkly stripes. I hope you all will like it...

1 yorum:

Please show respect to others on your comments..