12 Haziran 2014 Perşembe

Bursa; my city...

I've realized lately that I've been mentioning the name on my posts, but haven't told much about Bursa; the city I live in. Sure a blogger would write on anything that's related to the blog's main topic, anything that effects his/her life or time to time may even make comments on the current events, but sure this exists for experienced ones that have many readers daily. For a blog like mine I call 'infant' still :), haven't even learned to crawl properly there's always one direction which is to keep the post in their tracks. I've tried to do this as much as I can even I know writing spontaneous makes the posts more sincere and friendly. Just on times I need to react against something I've written on daily life. Writing on Bursa is relevant to my main topic actually, because my city is famous for her textile industry which gives me opportunity to find various fabrics I can use when I sew. Actually it's a city where history, nature and industry intermix. The earliest settlement at the location was in ancient Greek times with the name Cius. It was granted to Prusias; the king of Bithynia by Philip V. of Macedon in 202 BC. Prusias rebuilt the city and Bithynian rule lasted till Nicomedes IV. bequeathed the entire kingdom to Roman Empire in 74 BC. Time passed; I know history isn't much interesting when you don't see the relics by your own eyes, Ottomans captured the city from the Byzantines in 1326 and made it the capital of the empire giving the name 'Hüdavendigar'; meaning God's gift. Sure trade and manufacture flourished of being on the joint of all the roads merchants use. The city became world famous with its silk production which triggered the progress in textile and apparel industry as well as trade. Today the city is Turkey's 4th. most populous city and one of the most industrialized metropolitan centers in the country. Sure The city is over populated, more polluted, noisy and people in a rat race in the streets or in traffic jam, but still too much to see for a tourist. Will share a few photos here today; some from the city, some of Uludağ; the mountain that the city is built beside which was an active volcano once, one of the crater lake, one of a town on the seaside and one of one of the lakes where you'll see the remains of an old church under water. I hope you all will like them...

3 yorum:

  1. I'd better take photos so you can put them in your blog sis...

    YanıtlaSil
  2. It looks like a beautiful place to live!

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Even what we call 'progress' and 'development' keep ruining; it still is a beautiful city... :)

    YanıtlaSil

Please show respect to others on your comments..