4 Haziran 2014 Çarşamba

Why TURQUOISE is TURQUOISE ???

It's been a hectic day starting from the morning. I've started to search the net for new items I'll put to my lil shoppe for winter. Actually two of them are on my mind for so long and I've even bought different colors of yarn for them. One is a blanket and the other is a baby cardigan, but today I've decided to make a baby blanket also, but haven't made up my mind yet whether I'll crochet or knit it. I've also noted a few more items to knit after looking at the trendy colors. After the web search for an hour or more I went out for a walk with mom and did some shopping. When we came back home our neighbor next door was waiting for us to let us know she was to come for coffee so mom made some snacks and I've prepared all needed for serving them. It was around 6 o'clock I've turned the lappy again to work on the favorites on Etsy and communities on google + till dinner. It took a while to do them all, having my meal and doing the dishes so it's 10 pm. now that I've started this blog post. Today I want to write about a historical monument that is one of the symbols of my city; Bursa. It's called the Yeşil Türbe (Green Tomb) which is a mausoleum of the fifth Sultan of the Ottoman Empire; Mehmed I. (we can discuss about it imperial ages on another post) by his son and successor Murad II. I'll not write about the architecture, because I know photos are more effective to represent it. You know the color 'turkuoise' is the only color that's named after a nation and when you see the tiles on the walls of the tomb you'll understand the reason for doing so better. I hope you all will like it...

2 yorum:

  1. Sure one should think of the mud on the roads for commons as rulers have such monumantal mausoleums all around the world... Architecture is marvellous, but imperial ages were definitely cruel...

    YanıtlaSil
  2. The architecture is beautiful. I love the vibrant turquoise.

    YanıtlaSil

Please show respect to others on your comments..